Road trips are something everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime. Driving down scenic roads passing through beautiful mountains and oceans is therapeutic and a great way to explore regions. Before you embark on your road trip, check out Quotient TravelPlanner’s tips on road trip survival!
Road trips are something everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime. Before you embark on your road trip, check out Quotient TravelPlanner’s tips on road trip survival!
1) Check levels such as engine oil and brake fluid, and your tyre pressure each morning, even if it’s a rental. An emergency kit that includes flashlights, batteries and ponchos can come in very useful. Most importantly, do ensure that your extra tire is not flat!
2) Make sure you have a reliable GPS system or updated road map with you. Getting lost can be a real hassle and dangerous as well. GPS systems might not be 100% accurate, so keep your eyes open and read road signs as well. Cross refer the two options and you will more likely get it right the first time.
3) It’s a terrible feeling to drive long distances on an empty stomach. Pack sufficient food and drinks, and remember to replenish your supplies at the petrol kiosk. Tip: salty food makes you thirstier, so save your water by buying snacks that are low in salt.
4) Of course we can’t forgo social media during a trip; bring portable chargers or extra batteries for your phone if you are travelling with friends or family, so you don’t have to fight over the cigarette charger. Must. Instagram. That. Sunset!
5) Lastly and perhaps the most important tip of all – plan your trip well beforehand. Make sure the routes you planned are accessible up-to-date, and do not overlook the distances between petrol stations. Planning is half the battle won!